Specialised Dermal Treatments Overview
If you’re looking to set yourself apart from your peers in this rapidly evolving world of advanced skin therapies this specialised short course is for you! This all encompassing advanced short course is designed for Beauty Therapists who have a passion for dermal treatments and advanced skin therapies to upskill and learn industry’s most in demand advanced treatments – better positioning you for jobs in the medi-spa space or allowing you to add these exciting treatments to your service menu.
From the incredible dermal needling to advanced microdermabrasion, fat cavitation and cosmedical grade peels we will teach you everything that’s in demand in industry right now.
Studying your theory in ‘The Science of Cosmeceuticals and Advanced Skin Analysis” online and then attending a series of face-to-face practical workshops in our Advanced Medi-Clinic covering Collagen Induction Therapy, Cosmedical Epidermal Resurfacing, Advanced Microdermabrasion & Clinical Light Therapies and Fat Cavitation you’ll be treating a range of clients and skin conditions. You’ll be working within small student groups with the very latest technologies and machines, to gain all the hands-on experience you need to become proficient and confident.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
• Working on 20 different skin types
• Infection Control Protocol & Procedures
• Understanding Complex Skin Conditions
• Provide collagen induction therapy treatments to treat non-active acne, scarring, ageing, pigmentation
• Topical anaesthetic understanding safety
• Contraindications to dermal needling
• Classification of Peels Application of Chemical peels
• Contraindications to Peels
• Wound healing response
• Providing diamond and crystal tip microdermabrasion treatments to treat pigmentation/sun damage,congestion/ acne scarring, uneven skin texture/tone, wrinkles/ premature aging
• Contraindications to Microdermabrasion
• Safe use and application of Clinical Light Therapies
• Science behind fat cavitation
• Machinery and Safety
• Using technology to improve skin and body contour
• Contraindications to Fat Cavitation
• Pre & post treatment advice
• The science and prescription of advanced cosmeceuticals