Led by the big dreamers, the passionate believers, the fearless change makers, the daring risk takers, the inspiring visionaries and the deep thinkers, The French Beauty Academy is steered by an Executive Advisory Board helping us to realise our dream of becoming the world’s premier beauty academy and to provide education pathways for students who may otherwise not have access to post-secondary and tertiary qualifications.
Chaired by Paula Joye, leading fashion and lifestyle authority and founder of style website thejoye.com and including CEO’s, entrepreneurs, fashion and beauty luminaries and those within the education sector, we are truly humbled to have our agenda set by an incredible collective of enterprising individuals who know firsthand the power of education to build dreams, build brands and to build business.
The Executive Advisory Board
Our Board Members
- Paula Joye (Chair) – leading fashion and lifestyle authority and founder of style website thejoye.com
- Edwina McCann – Editor-in-Chief of Vogue Australia
- Mireille Guiliano – international best-selling author of ‘French Women Don’t Get Fat’ and former President and CEO of Clicquot Inc. (LVMH)
- Sylvia Jeffreys – News Presenter on Channel 9’s the Today Show, TV personality and trained journalist
- John van der Wallen – Asset Manager with Starhill Hotel Group (Marriott Hotels)
- Professor Elizabeth Roberts – Dean – School of Business & Tourism at Southern Cross University
- Di Cant – Australian fashion industry icon and previous Fashion Manager for the Australian Fashion Awards
- Sherelle French – Academy Founder, The French Beauty Academy
The Board brings together shared philosophies of embracing beauty within, an intrinsic belief in the magic that comes from ‘feeling comfortable in one’s own skin’ and thirst to inspire transformation, nurture self-esteem and elevate confidence in our students. Their mission is to help us revolutionise beauty education with a holistic approach to study built around personal development and reflection; to dream big, to open doors that others can’t, to make the impossible, possible for our students.
This group of pioneers bring big ideas to The Academy and a wealth of unimaginable connections to our students. From opening doors to dream careers, the prestigious partnership awards presented at graduation, career wisdoms and advice, to the evolution of our Service Excellence Program, these Board members create opportunities so that our students are connected, inspired and are given a head start on their path in beauty and wellness.
These change makers propel The Academy onto a global stage and together we continue to disrupt the traditional ideas of beauty education, challenge the status quo and turn the misconceptions of studying beauty on their head. Working to prepare our students for life after The Academy and readiness for luxury service environments with a cutting-edge curriculum, exciting job opportunities and the highest standards of technical and professional skills.